Fenwick HMX Salmon Steelhead Mooching Fishing Rod
In stock at Walmart - Click More Info / Buy Now to check for price rollbacks!
- Smooth intermediate modulus carbon fiber blank
- Fuji reel skeleton and full reel seats
- Sea Guide SS316 Stainless sloped guides with Zirconium inserts
- Premium Cork and TAC grips in split and full handle model
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
I have a month-long surf fishing trip coming up and I needed a new spinning rod. I wanted Fenwick because they have always been good for me.I researched the 9' product line and picked the \"mooching inch rod. It had all the right parmeters: line weight, lure weight, rod power and rod action. I did not know what mooching meant but I did notice that the butt end (reel seat to butt end) was short.I still don't know what makes it a mooching rod, but the butt end is only 10 inches! That seems way too short to comfortably leverage a cast. It seems to me I have few options: (1) return the rod for credit (2) try it out and see if my fears of a 10 inch butt are warranted (3) if not satisfactory extend the butt 16 inch or tape the reel to the upper grip so it is comfortable to cast. As an aside, the line guides are the smallest I have ever seen on a spinning rod.I really don't think I should have to do option 3 on a brand new rod. I really don't know what to do.
Features & Specs
- Smooth Intermediate Modulus Carbon Fiber Blank
- Fuji Reel Skeleton And Full Reel Seats
- Sea Guide Ss316 Stainless Sloped Guides With Zirconium Inserts
- Premium Cork And Tac Grips In Split And Full Handle Model
- 5 Year&nbs