26" Schwinn Fairhaven Women's Cruiser Bike, Black
In stock at Walmart - Click More Info / Buy Now to check for price rollbacks!
- Steel step-thru cruiser frame and fork provides a comfortable, laid-back ride
- 7-speed twist shifter with Shimano rear derailleur for smooth, precise shifting
- Front and rear alloy linear pull brakes provide better stopping than your typical cruiser coaster brake
- Classic swept-back handlebars keep you upright for a ride that's more comfortable on your back
- Front and rear fenders add classic style while protecting your clothes from inclement weather
- Convenient rear rack is perfect for carrying everything from groceries to a picnic!
- Schwinn Quality Memory Foam cruiser spring seat softens the ride
- Tool-free adjustable seat post for easy height adjustments on the go
I am only 4'11'' and was concerned, as a very short woman, with finding a decent bike with gears. I also wanted it to be a cruiser and to have a built-in back rack. This one fit the bill! It says 5'2'' and up but I do have long legs in relation to the rest of me, so it is actually a great fit. I am glad I took a chance and tried it. It is perfect for the flat-lands of New Orleans, with the gears to get me over the occasional bridge. It is pretty stylish, too, without being egregiously girly or cutesy. It is definitely an upgrade in my bike situation and is an easier push than my previous cruiser, which was single-speed and had a heavier frame. I bike 3.5 miles each way to work, weather permitting, on a flat route, so this is speedy for that. I took the picture a few weeks ago when I got the bike (At the WM on Gentilly/Chef Menteur, the staff were very nice and helpful).
Features & Specs
Steel step-thru cruiser frame and fork provides a comfortable, laid-back ride7-speed twist shifter with Shimano rear derailleur for smooth, precise shiftingFront and rear alloy linear pull brakes provide better stopping than your typical cruiser coaster brake